Awnings act as an extension and can be an essential component to your caravan. In some cases, 70% of people’s time is spent in their awning, compared to their caravan. It is important to know which awning is best for you, and our guide below should help you decide.
- Porch awning. The porch awning is small and covers the doorway of the caravan. They are usually easy to put up, and is estimated to only take between 15-20 minutes. The advantages of a porch awning are that even if you were to change your caravan, it would still easily fit your new one.
- Combi awning. A combi awning is ideal for putting up on your own. It is perfect for bank holidays and weeks away with the family. The reason for this is that they can comfortably fit a table and chairs, and sometimes a little storage space, a foldaway cupboard perhaps, to house coats and shoes.
- Full awning. That leaves us with the full awning, which fits the full length of the caravan. They are great for entertaining family and guests, and a good place to store your bikes. They do tend to take longer to put up, and usually require a helping hand, which means they are ideal for caravan owners who stay on the same pitch for a long time.
- Frames. There are different frames to choose from, steel frames, fiberglass, carbon fibre and now there’s air. A simple, lightweight alternative that takes around 10-15 minutes to inflate. This could be the future of awnings, and the best choice for you.
- Usage. When choosing an awning, take into consideration how long you plan on keeping it up, and how many times a year you want to use it. But do your research, because good quality awnings may be quite expensive, but, when taken care of, they last a very long time.
- Care. You have to take care of your awning. When storing, make sure that it is folded correctly, and that it is clean and dry. A top tip would be to take down the awning a night before leaving to prevent damp from condensation. And don’t forget to separate the poles from the canvas, otherwise, they could scratch the windows.
- Accessories. Before heading off on your trip you can make sure that you have all the right awning accessories. If not, visit our store where you’ll find everything you need.
Awnings can be quite expensive, however, they are definitely a worthwhile investment. We hope this guide will help you make the right choice for you. If you have any questions feel free to visit our service centre, we are happy to help.