There are a lot of things that you must remember to do before heading off on your holiday with your caravan. We have created this checklist to help make the preparation easier for you.
- Close and lock all cupboards and doors.
- Set fridge settings to 12V and lock the door.
- Close and lock all windows.
- Turn off the water pump master switch.
- Turn off all taps and shower controls.
- Drain all water and waste tanks.
- Turn off the gas at the cylinder.
- Check the tyre pressure level.
- Tighten wheel nuts correctly.
- Check the van’s noseweight.
- Raise corner steadies .
- Secure tow ball and hitch .
- Raise and lock the jockey wheel.
- Fit and check the stabiliser.
- Attach the breakaway cable.
- Connect the towing electrics.
- Make sure external road lights work.
- Fit and adjust the towing mirrors.
A good idea would be to print this list out and take it with you. But for more in-depth advice, come down to our service centre in Margam, Port Talbot, we will be happy to help and answer any questions.